Lifecake hired me as their Head of UX. My role was to build and manage their design team, while also getting my hands dirty on some of their larger projects such as on-boarding.
I put in place a design process for the team and worked closely with project managers and the tech teams to make sure it worked seamlessly with them.
Some of the major projects we worked on while I was there was:
- A completely new notifications strategy for email, in-app and web
- New on-boarding with the aim of increasing conversion, engagement and overall monetisation
- A new feed to improve engagement
- A new checkout system to improvement GMV
- An entirely new website (being developed now)
- Closer integration of Android / iOS
- A book generator
- A new settings section
After these projects, they went so well I was promoted to Head of Product and oversaw design and tech across web, iOS and Android. I was responsible for growth, engagement and monetisation.
In this case study, I'll show you my on-boarding work.
- Product strategy
- User research & Analysis
- Persona creation
- Sitemaps & user flows
- Usability Testing
Agile, Lean UX, UCD
Sketch, Invision, Principle